Beginning in China...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ode to Chineider

Happy Birthday Katey Kneider, Krystle Barker and all you other April babies!

As previously promised, I will post pics from my wonderful time here with Katey. Although she left me a month ago, I already miss her!

First off, here are a select few of our lovely Cheesy Chinese Glamour Shots! This was quite the day of giggles, Chinese poses, and white tuxedos! The final outcome is quite impressive...



These were the ugliest dresses available!

One Saturday morning, Katey's students took us to a famous street in Wuhan where you can get several different types of food from many regions in China, it was delicious, filling, and cheap!
This is a picture of the beginning of the street.
mmmm jiaozi! steamed dumplings in bamboo trays

Hero bought us some snails, not too bad, a bit peppery.

Some of the available delicacies (I didn't try any of these)

Cooking up their specialty.

And last but not least, here is Kneider being a rebel!! The police had to hold back pedestrians with this rope at this busy intersection because traffic signals are rarely obeyed here in Wuhan.

May 1st is a national holiday (China Labour Day) and the Chinese get the whole week off! So, I plan to relax, attend some Chinese friends' hometowns, and of course some pampering! I just can't pass up those 60 minute, 30yuan ($4.30) foot massages!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi amy
great to see your updates. i had trouble figuring out why nothing new was showing up but john clued me in tonight. i really am hopeless on this machine. its no wonder you have digestive problems. i'm not crazy about our street venders even. keep having an amazing experience elsie may

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Really enjoy your web site. Keep the updates coming!
Miss YOU!
Susan

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home