Snow! ...wait, Snow??
2 days ago, it snowed. And it snowed all day. Apparently that's quite odd for Wuhan. But the Chinese were loving it. They were making snowballs at least 6 feet high, and were having snowball fights and were taking pictures like crazy. They were genuinely loving it, meanwhile, I am thinking, these poor students, there dorm rooms have no heat and here they are running around in the sun getting soaked in their jeans and sneakers, then going back to their rooms with no heat or hot water! But my students don't complain, it's just their way of life, they are used to it, it is normal to them. Luckily I have both a room and a water heater. I've also found a way to view my blog, so now I will try my best to respond to your comments!
One of the many snowmen made on Tuesday. They are not quite the same as snowmen at home!

Our apartment building.

The hallway outside our apartment.

The door to our apartment.

Some of the food I've tried. The sesame sticks were not good. The crackers at the top left said 'delicious and tangible' on the package so I had to try them...they taste like arrowroots. And of course, Tim Tams!! Just as delicious as the ones brought back from Australia.

The road on my walk to campus. The pile of garbage on the right is where everyone dumps their garbage. It's sad to see an old woman digging through it everyday for empty bottles to recycle for money. Erin (my roommate from Nova Scotia) and I are scheming to throw a bag with packaged food and gloves into the pile for her to hopefully find. Usually the pile spreads halfway onto the road before it gets picked up.

This little girl is better at using chopsticks than me.

Old men play some sort of board game on the sidewalks all over the city, it is very common to see something like the photo below.

I took this photo from the bus one day. The man in green is part of the army (I see them all the time). And what interested me most was the old man sitting in the chair in the middle of all this garbage on an open lot. He was just sitting their watching the day go by.

1 Comments:
i can't believe your eating tim tams without me!! I hope your planning on bringing some back for me ha ha!!
Post a Comment
<< Home